- A panel discussion with the Registrar Bursar Financial Aid, IT co-sponsored with
Account and IT departments
- An introduction to working at a college to your First Gen Program participants
- Creating mini-shadow experience (2-3 hours) with an administrator on campus
- Scavenger hunt around campus into different offices, Alumni, Advancement,
Facilities where students have to find the answers to question about working at a
college/university in exchange for a small reward (Ask the Orientation staff for ideas).
- Identify offices that will hire a summer undergraduate intern (connect with Career
Services) or partner with area colleges to promote internship exchanges
- Invite 3-5 representatives from graduate schools in the area that have programs
and assistantships for graduate students.
- Ask the Admission Tours Guides to design a special tour around campus for
current students that will take them to offices around campus where staff can talk about
salaries, career paths, and core competencies.
- Invite a group of alumni who work in higher education to come back to campus to
discuss their careers and graduate school options.
9.Host a progressive mini dinner across divisions (beverage in Admissions, salad in
Financial Aid, pizza in Student Affairs, desserts in Res Life/Stud Activities/Multicultural)
- Create buttons that say ASK ME ABOUT MY JOB and have staff wear them all